Re: ext3 and 2.4.x-smp

j> (I had been considering xfs as an alternative but from what i've
j> read it's a little too robust for my needs).

Too robust?  That's the first time I've heard such a claim for a
filesystem.

j> Anyway, I guess I am missing a few things before I make a decision.
j> I know there were some problems back in the day with smp and ext3
j> for the 2.4.x kernels.

I've been running it on an MP box for a few weeks now, doing large
builds, database mangling, and the like, and ext3 has been rock-solid
for me.

        <b