Re: not sure how to setup ext3 on a slackware 7.1 system

Hi,

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 04:19:51PM +0200, Heusden, Folkert van wrote:

> On my slackware 7.1 system, in rc.S fsck is started.
> In fstab there's the following line:
> /dev/hda2       /        ext3        defaults,noatime  1   1
> from the readme I figured that I should put the line
> append="rw rootflags=journal=102"

Get a new ext3 and a new set of readmes.  You should never use those
rootflags in lilo.conf: they are only needed once to create the
journal on your root filesystem.

These days, just make sure you have a recent e2fsprogs and run
"tune2fs -j /dev/hda2" to create the journal on your root filesystem.
You can safely mount the filesystem readonly in lilo.conf.