ext3 and acls?

I tried running ext3 with posix acls (see
http://acl.bestbits.at). The patches were easily merged and
everything compiled fine. I created a journal.dat on my /home fs
and mounted it as ext3. So far everything worked perfectly. But
getfacl/setfacl didn't work on ext3. Mounting /home as ext2
solved the problem.

Maybe ext3 and ext2 don't share enough code to get it working
without rewriting half of ext3.

I just though I share my experiences just in case somebody else
has the same crazy idea :)

Cheers
Martin

--
Like punning, programming is a play on words.