Re: Oops in iput

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 11:09:33AM +0300, Ville Herva wrote:
> Well, I for one use the 2.2 ide patches extensively (on almost all of my
> machines, including a heavy-duty backup server), and haven't seen any
> problems whatsoever. I see _much_ more problems with scsi (aic7xxx), for
> example.

I have been using the udma ide patches for a long time and as long as
you stay away from known buggy drives controllers you are fine.

BTW: The machine i reported the bug for is mostly running on SCSI - Only
/var/tmp is an large IDE drive.

> I don't mean to say the ide patches are 100% bug free, but I wouldn't
> consider them as the prime suspect for an oops that happened elsewhere
> either. It could be hw or any other part of kernel just as well... What
> about memtest86?

I'll try

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo rfc822 org             +49-5201-669912