Re: Ext3 kernel RPMS (2.4.5 & 2.2.19)

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 10:46:58AM +0200, Levente Farkas wrote:

> is this rpms differ from redhat's rawhide 2.4.5 kernel which seems to
> contain ext3. so my question that your rpm contain different ext3
> than rh's rpm? or I can simple use rh's rawhide rpms?

The rawhide RPMs have ext3 included, but they are based on ac* kernels
and we've just fixed a couple of integration problems with ext3 on the
ac tree (it has a different quota subsystem from Linus's kernels).

The ext3-0.0.8 snapshot has now been built for the rawhide tree, and
will be on the ftp site next time a rawhide snapshot gets pushed out.
I'm not sure when that will be.  A build of e2fsprogs-1.22 should go
out at the same time --- that will fix the "tune2fs -j" problems that
1.21 had on mounted filesystems.