Re: RH 6.2 + VA Linux Enhancements (includes ext3 0.5b) Problem

Daniel J. Levine writes:
> So suppose I start with a RedHat 6.2 or 7.0 (your choice) cold install.
> What's the easiest way to proceed to something reliable?  I take it there
> are no binary RPMs.

OK, given that I work for Turbolinux it's not much of a choice ;-)...

In any case, I thought that Stephen was maintaining a kernel RPM which
had ext3 in it?  Definitely the patches in his ext3 tarball will apply
cleanly to RedHat kernels.  I imagine this is covered on the ext3 beta
web page and/or ext3 documentation.  It is only the kernel and e2fsprogs
that need to be updated to get ext3.  Because it is ext3, you also have
the luxury of doing a normal install with ext2 and then updating afterwards.

Cheers, Andreas