Re: Ext3 step by step installation procedure

sct redhat com said:
> The "tune2fs -j" code is the new replacement for the old, manual "dd"
> style of journal initialisation.  The README just needs updated to
> reflect the new tools.

Just to check:-

  1. Does the tunefs method also set the journal location in the
     superblock, so the mount -ojournal=inum step can also be
     skipped (obviously you need to mount it, but you can
     skip the explicit inode setting?)

  2. Does this work on root too (which is going to be mounted r/w)?

  3. What happens if you do this on an existing ext3 fs?

	Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]