Undelete?

Hi,

I just found out, I deleted an important file, which was (of course)
just downloaded to the computer from the digital camera, and deleted
there.

So, no backups.

But when I tried to find the deleted INODE with debugfs and lsdel It
said "no files deleted".

Is this the normal behaviour? Is there a possibility of getting the data
back?

The kernel I use is 2.2.17-6 from the RH beta-program, together with
e2fsprogs-1.30-0ext3.

bye,
 Andreas