argh, power off

Argh,

I connected a serial cable from my UPS, an APC Smart 1000NET, to
a serial connector on the pc.
WHAM, UPS powered off.  Seems I have the incorrect cable.
Anywho, here's want happened when I powered up:

EXT3-fs: WARNING: recovery required on readonly filesystem.
EXT3-fs: write access will be enabled during recovery.
JFS DEBUG: (recovery.c, 255): journal_recover: JFS: recovery, exit status 0,
recovered transactions 1422 to 1589
JFS DEBUG: (recovery.c, 257): journal_recover: JFS: Replayed 1670 and revoked
0/119 blocks
EXT3-fs: 08:01: orphan cleanup on read-only fs
EXT3-fs: 08:01: 1 orphan inode deleted
EXT3-fs: recovery complete.
Freeing unused kernel memory: 76k freed
Adding Swap: 136512k swap-space (priority -1)

Everything seems otay, its just that this is all new to me.
Also, it says the filesystems were past the max date and needed checking.
Are my existing startup scripts correct for ext3?  I use rh6.2 btw...

--
 Ed June

 buggz america net
 Linux: An open choice for free people worldwide.