Re: Interesting interaction between journal recovery and slow boots

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 03:29:25PM -0700, Andreas Dilger wrote:

> This is purely a user-space issue, coming from e2fsck it appears.

Yes indeed, it probably is.

> I have
> no such copious logs on my system.

Do you not see those messages flying by during a non-root journal
recovery?  You are probably not using Stephen's e2fsprogs but your
own.

> Maybe you should undefine the JFS_DEBUG
> in e2fsprogs/include/linux/jfs.h?

Which you have probably done in your version and Stephen hasn't.

> I seem to recall that there was a problem
> with jfs.h, where it enabled JFS_DEBUG whether in kernel mode or not.  There
> is a configure option "--enable-jfs-debug" which should set JFS_DEBUG for us,
> so no need to always enable it in jfs.h.

Having those messages is no biggie really (while in beta anyway).  I
just wanted to save anybody else who saw the honking pauses and dove
in to figure it out some time.

Thanx for your pointer to user-space programs though Andreas.  That
will save me some time if I do decide to fix that issue.

b.