Re: freeing, allocating and free blocks in Ext3

On Wed, 2 May 2001, Andrew Morton wrote:

> Ah. lock_super().  I nearly fell out of my tree when I saw that
> thing.  ext3 has lock_journal(), which is a clone.  Did I hear
> a rumour that you had a replacement for lock_super() coded up?

See namespace patch. It's there. As the matter of fact, was one of the
first pieces. It works - the kernel I'm running right now is 2.4.4
+ several minor bugfixes + namespace-patch + ext2-dir-patch.

> Also, have you chosen an appropriate place for clearing BH_New?

<shrug> When you mark the buffer uptodate and dirty. Why?