get_block

Al,

We had some discussion about get_block last week.  I think that InterMezzo
which needs to call "inode->i_ops->bmap" to determine if a block is
present in the file may be hurt by this no longer being a method.

This forms the basis of caching file data on demand.

Is there are way, using the methods, to determine if a block is present in
a file?  That's what we need.

Thanks!

- Peter -