Re: LVM 0.9.1beta7 and ext3 0.0.6b

Jay writes:
> What I'm seeing in kdb output is that the buffer head that is failing in
> the refile_buffer() test has a b_dev == B_FREE and b_list == BUF_LOCKED.
> All the other bits appear clear (in the kdbm_jfs bh command output).

Then we must still be doing something strange with a journal buffer that
is on a transaction list somewhere.  It would be interesting to know if
this is truly the case, maybe by printk'ing all of the buffers "invalidated"
(nit verboesly, though, or it will overflow the printk buffers.

> todo some form of writing to the LVM config or device or such (haven't
> figured out what it is yet) generate the printk statements.  Andreas, FYI,
> pvscan generates far fewer of them than vgscan does.

I know what the culprit is - PV_FLUSH, which LVM user tools call when they
are reading the LVM config from disk.  The lvscan is probably not triggering
it because it is reading from lvmdisktab (cache file).

Cheers, Andreas