Re: oops ext3 in journal_write_metadata_buffer

Hi,

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 06:56:19PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> just had an oops while spool uucp mails via uuxqt->postfix->procmail to
> multiple mailboxes on an UDMA IDE drive on my Laptop. All filesystems
> are ext3 and i am running 2.2.19 + ext3 + ide udma patches.

ext3-0.0.6b?

> When rebooting the system hang - After another reboot everything went
> smooth.
>
> invalid operand: 0000
> CPU:    0
> EIP:    0010:[<c014ca15>]

That's a panic message by the looks of things: the "ud2a" undefined
instruction sequence is used by the kernel's BUG() macro, and ext3
uses that to stop things if it detects an error in one of its assert
tests.  There would have been an ext3 log message just before the
posted oops: could you recover that and let me know what actually went
wrong here?

If there was anything else in the log before this, that might help
too.

Thanks,