Re: oops ext3 in journal_write_metadata_buffer

Hi,

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 07:29:42PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:

> > > multiple mailboxes on an UDMA IDE drive on my Laptop. All filesystems
> > > are ext3 and i am running 2.2.19 + ext3 + ide udma patches.

> Buffer locked in journal_write_metadata_buffer, flags 0x0000420f, count 1
> kernel BUG at journal.c:306!

Ah, thanks, that helps a lot!

I'll have a look into this, but first thing is that there are supposed
to be problems in the ide udma diffs on 2.2 regarding retrying of
failed IO requests (eg. on dma timeout).  Did you see _any_ IO errors
around the time before the crash?  Can you reproduce the error without
the ide patches applied?  Were you running anything on the underlying
filesystem, such as dump or quotacheck?