Re: oops ext3 in journal_write_metadata_buffer

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 06:34:53PM +0100, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:
> Ah, thanks, that helps a lot!
>
> I'll have a look into this, but first thing is that there are supposed
> to be problems in the ide udma diffs on 2.2 regarding retrying of
> failed IO requests (eg. on dma timeout).  Did you see _any_ IO errors
> around the time before the crash?  Can you reproduce the error without
> the ide patches applied?  Were you running anything on the underlying
> filesystem, such as dump or quotacheck?

I have never seen IDE related error messages on the ThinkPad ever. I havent
seen this before ever so i dont think i'll have luck reproducing this.
I was not running dump/quotacheck or anything like this. I guess i only
had heavy metadata operations due to the hundrets of mails flooding in
from the uucp call and the bsmtp uncompres.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo rfc822 org             +49-5201-669912