Re: ext3 partition still gets mounted as ext2

"Peter J. Braam" wrote:

> I consider myself similarly diagnosed: yes ext3 is in
> /proc/filesystems.

hmm...

> Is there any possibility that the order in which ext2 and ext3 are
> tried at mount time could get reversed (for example by relinking the
> kernel?)

I guess the ordering is determined by the order in which
each filesystem called register_filesystem(), which is in
turn determined by the layout in the initcall section, which
is in turn determined by linkage order.

I believe that the ordering of /proc/filesystems reflects
all of this.  So if ext3 is coming before ext2, we're
still stumped.