Re: benchmarks?

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 09:44:39PM -0500, John Ruttenberg wrote:
> Are there any benchmark resultss that meaningfully compare performance of ext2
> vs ext3 vs rieserfs vs sgi xfs?  What about effect on cpu usage?

I have some numbers comparing ext2, ext3, and reiserfs, but nothing on
XFS.  What I have found is that benchmark results are *highly*
application specific.  What works well for databases is different than
what works well for mail servers, which is different than what works
well for file servers.  So, then, what is your application?
--
Bruce Guenter <bruceg em ca> http://em.ca/~bruceg/ http://untroubled.org/
OpenPGP key: 699980E8 / D0B7 C8DD 365D A395 29DA  2E2A E96F B2DC 6999 80E8