Journal Usage

Hi,

I have a large journal of 400MB (the max for 4k blocks), and I'd like to be
able to check how much of it is being used.

If it's not being used that much, I'd like to know if the writes *from* the
journal to the rest of the disk could be delayed until a certain percentage
of the journal has been used.

It would be nice to be able to get more contiguous writes to the journal for
bursty types of loads...

Mike