Re: Extended Attributes and Access Control Lists

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 11:09:03AM -0600, Eric Jarman wrote:

> Kernel 2.4.13-ac5
> patches applied:
> ea and acl versions 0.7.22d
> sgi kdb version 1.9-2.4.13-ac1 (turned off in tests)
>
> The oops doesn't occur on a single processor machine, only on a multiprocessor
> machine.  Output of ksymoops and kernel config file attached.

How easy is it to reproduce?

So far I can't see why this should happen, but if there are deleted
buffers involved, I can't convinve myself that it's impossible either.

Andrew, the 2.2 code always took _both_ the journal and buffer locks
before entering do_get_write_access(), so we knew we had total
knowledge of the buffer state and there was no other IO going on.

That was dropped in the 2.4 port: can you think of any reason why we
shouldn't restore it?