Fwd: ext3 for pre7 ?

This was sent to lkml, I think it may be interesting to this list...

----- Forwarded message from "J . A . Magallon" <jamagallon able es> -----

From:	"J . A . Magallon" <jamagallon able es>
To:	Lista Linux-Kernel <linux-kernel vger kernel org>
Subject: ext3 for pre7 ?

Hi.

I have tried to adapt the ext3 patch for pre6 to pre7, but many things
in the buffer and cache sections (vmscan.c and so on) have changed...
I also saw in CVS that there have been changes to make it work on pre7.
But I did not guess how to make a patch from CVS.

Anyone out there has it ?

BTW: I see there are a bunch of chages in ext3 patch outside its own
fs subtree (try_to_free_pages and so on). Why are not integrated in
mainline ?

TIA

--
J.A. Magallon                           #  Let the source be with you...
mailto:jamagallon able es