Re: 2.4.13 kernel on Redhat 7.2

On Sun, Nov 04, 2001 at 02:31:12PM -0800, Nate Faerber wrote:
> I have tried everything to compile a new kernel on my
> 7.2 base system. I have used 2.4.13-ac6 and 2.4.13 w/
> ext3 patch. I have compiled with ext3 built-in and
> with ext3 as module (with the initrd). I have a SCSI
> system so I have done the previous variations with
> both SCSI support built-in and modular (with the
> initrd). The error I get is:
>
> Remounting root filesystem in read-write mode: mount:
> no such partition found
>
> The previous messages show that the root directory is
> properly mounted as ext2 initially and that ext3 is
> loaded with kjournald running.
>
> What can I do? I have searched all archives and tried
> everything. Need more info or does someone know what
> it is?
>
> I am not on this list so please email me directly.
> Thanks for the help

I had a similar problem with a custom Linux kernel when
using LABEL in /etc/fstab *and* the kernel was
compiled with support for DEVFS. Removing the LABEL
*or* recompiling the kernel without DEVFS support
solved my problem.

Romildo
--
Prof. José Romildo Malaquias               Departamento de Computação
http://iceb.ufop.br/~romildo       Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto