RE: no free space on root?

I wasn't sure I wanted to trust that one...

> > Only
> > 1.8gig of files (including the .Journal) filled up my 5gig
> partition??
>
> What do "df" and "df -i" say?  You could either have run out of inodes
> or you've got a file which is still in use by some process after it
> has been deleted.  Both of those are legitimate ways you can get
> "ENOSPACE" errors while still apparently having disk space free.

DF reported ~5gig space, ~5gig used...0% free.  As I said there was only
~1.8gigs of used space accounted for in all files (including hidden,
directory entries, etc).

Everything is fine now that I've reinstalled, and I'm not using ext3....  If
I only had another 60gig hd to replace that one with I could have done more
research.