Problem with 2.4.14 and 9.15-2414

I just upgraded to kernel 2.4.14 and applied the ext3 patch
ext3-2.4-0.9.15-2414.gz.  It appears (to me) that the patch
breaks the loop block device module (loop.o).  The problem is
that the call to deactivate_page is unresolved.  The routine
used to be defined in swap.c.  It looks like it no longer
exists in 2.4.14.

I'm not a kernel programmer so if I'm mistaken, sorry.  I do
get an unresolved reference to deactivate_page when the loop
module is loaded.

Just wanted to report it.

Richard Lynch
WVNET