Which mkfs tool can I use for an ext3 file system??

HI,

I have just upgraded my Linux 7.1 to 7.2 (so I can
have ext3 available for use).  My question is how do I
format a partition for an ext3 file system?  We can
normally run the command 'mkfs' or 'mkfs.ext2' to
format an ext2 file system, or 'mkfs.xfs' for an xfs
file system.  I was looking for some utilily like
'mkfs.ext3' or similar.

Question: Does ext3 support large file (file > 2GB)?
Eventhough there's no mention of ext3 supporting large
file, a friend of mine was able to copy a 2.5GB file
to an ext3 file system.

Thanks,
Steve