Re: Distinct transactions

Mike:

But the symlink is not atomic.  when I use strace on a "ln -s -f " the system does
an unlink then symlink.  So, if the system crashes in the middle of these actions,
the system will not have a 'proper' configuration.

I guess I can store the targeted symlink in a second file.  If I use ordered mode,
then the data for this file will be guaranteed to be updated before the unlink can
proceed.

Does this sound right?

Charlie

P.S.  Is the problem with hard links of directories a limitation of ext2/ext3?