Re: partition magic

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 07:54:35AM -0500, Brenden Walker wrote:
> Just my 2cents.
>
> I attempted to resize an extended partition with 3 ext2 partitions in it. I
> enlarged it and made my /usr partition larger.
>
> It failed horribly.  PQmagic reported a partition table error #108 and I
> ended up having to re-install.
>
> This was with Partition Magic Pro 7.0.

Oh, dear.  It didn't back out of the resize operation when it realized
it didn't understand the has_journal flag?  (That's the only thing it
could do, by the way --- new features which are fully "r/w compatible"
from the kernel's point of view can still cause significant filesystem
damage if programs like e2fsck or resize2fs are doing deep magaic with
the filesystem.)  That sounds like a serious bug in Partition Magic
Pro.

I don't know if my contacts are PowerQuest are any good (it's been
years, and I don't know if they're even still with the company), but
I'll try to get them to at least look at this....

							- Ted