Re: EXT3 with 2.2.20 - Is it stable enough for a production server th at is used 24X7?

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:54:08 -0700, you wrote:

>How big is your journal?  If you have a very busy filesystem (which bonnie
Didn't specify any size, so I presume the default.
File system is 2GB and is the only one to be mounted ext3.
System runs on raid1 software on all other partitions.
swap on raid1 software (don't swap if resync)

>because of bonnie), and you quickly run out of available RAM.  Also, the
>journaling mode you are using strongly affects how much RAM is locked by
default

>Note that unless you have a real need for it, you can easily run with a
>smaller journal.  The journal size is picked based on the size of the
>filesystem, but it is somewhat arbitrary, since we don't even have tools
How do I find out the size of my journal?
What size do you advise? ( I assume I can take out the journal flag and
recreate with -J size=xxx, right?)

Thanks

--
giulioo pobox com