rotating .journal

Hello,

I recently implemented ext3 using tune2fs -j /dev/hda1, and have been
using it successfully for a while.  However the .journal file is huge and
growing on my limited amount of disk space.

How can I rotate or re-initialize the file, preferably without rebooting,
on a daily/weekly basis?

Regards,

Dan Barber
Mojolin

Mojolin: Linux, Unix and Embedded Jobs and Resumes.
http://www.mojolin.com