Re: gunzipping the patch...

Thomas Pocock wrote:

> as in the installation guide, it tells me that the patch is not
> a proper gzip file. What do I do???

Tom,

I was able to unzip it by appending ".gz" to the file name.

> Also, when it says "make menuconfig", does the menuconfig file
> appear once the patch is ungzipped, or should it be there already?

You do the make menuconfig (or make xconfig) after you've applied
the patch.

> I don't have a linux directory in /usr/src. Is this a problem

I don't believe Mandrake installs the kernel source by default,
but it should be on one of your install CDs.  Install with RPM.
Or download a fresh version.

Art