lost+found missing, Bug or feature?

Hi,
I noticed that some of my ext3 partitions have a lost+found directory
and some do not. Which is correct? mke2fs -j makes the lost+found
but after a fresh install of 7.2 there are no lost+found on
partitions that were formatted. I want to make them all the same but
I am not sure which is correct. I do not plan on going back to
ext2 but.........

--
......Tom		Dysfunction The Only Consistent Feature of All
tdiehl rogueind com	of Your Dissatisfying Relationships is You.