Re: pivot_root problem on RH7.2

> On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 03:19:50PM +0100, Thomas Jalsovsky wrote:
>
> > 	I'm new in ext3. I installed RH7.2 with ext3. For a short time it
> > worked properly, but when I compiled the linux kernel (2.4.9-13) from RH
> > package, the old kernel didn't boot again (I didn't change anything with
> > the old binary).
> > 	I downloaded kernel 2.4.14 and ext3 patch for this version. After
> > the compilation and installation I rebooted the system. I got answer
> > something similar:
> > error: mount 6
> > and something with pivot_root.
>
> Could you tell us exactly what the error was?  This sort of thing
> often means you didn't compile in the correct device drivers for your
> root filesystem.
>
> Cheers,
>  Stephen
>

>From the screen:
request_module[block_major-3]: Root fs not mounted
VFS: cannot open root device "hda5" or 03:05
Please append a connect "Root=" boot option
What does 03:05 mean? Where can I change it (if it is needed)?
What I made:
patch kernel 2.4.14 with ext3, configure kernel (ext3 to module JBD
debugging), compile, copy System.map to /boot, copy vmlinuz to /boot (of
course I renamed for the right kernel version), reboot, kernel panic :-(

Which kernel modules are needed for ext3?

Thanks
	Thomas