Re: pivot_root problem on RH7.2

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 11:13:37AM +0100, Thomas Jalsovsky wrote:

> > Again, I'll ask: what does the IDE probing look like during boot?  The
> > full ".config" used would also help.

You still haven't provided the IDE probing info, so we don't know what
the kernel is failing at.  However,

> # Partition Types
> # CONFIG_MSDOS_PARTITION is not set

is suspect: if you're using a standard MSDOS partition table on your
disk, and you don't build in MSDOS partition table support to the
kernel, then the /dev/hda disk itself will be readable but the
/dev/hda5 partition will not exist.