Re: core dumped messages from tune2fs

On Nov 23, 2001  13:12 +0000, Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 22, 2001 at 07:09:20PM -0500, Stephen Clark wrote:
> > [root joker /root]# tune2fs -j /dev/hdc4
> > tune2fs 1.25 (20-Sep-2001)
> > Creating journal inode: done
> > This filesystem will be automatically checked every 20 mounts or
> > 180 days, whichever comes first.  Use tune2fs -c or -i to override.
> > File size limit exceeded (core dumped)
>
> Sounds like the current 2.4 core VFS bug which applies "ulimit" file
> size limits to blkock devices.  The workaround for now is to log in
> directly as root instead of logging in as a user with limits and then
> "su"ing to root.

Probably shouldn't core dump, though.  It should fail gracefully, for
sure.  In this situation (creating a journal on an existing fs) it may
have to write past 2GB into the fs, which is unfortunate, but likely
the source of the problem.  I'll see if I can find anything.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger