Re: core dumped messages from tune2fs

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 05:55:00PM -0700, Andreas Dilger wrote:

> Grr, it _looks_ like this is a problem in libc, but I haven't checked
> closely.  Running under GDB with a suitably limited "unlimited" setup:

How did you "unlimit" it?  "ulimit -f unlimited" won't work --- the
kernel's and bash's ideas of "unlimited" are not the same, and you end
up with a 2GB limit.  You need to login as an unlimited user to get
that right.

> Program received signal SIGXFSZ, File size limit exceeded.

That's a kernel bug --- opening a block device should never result in
SIGXFSZ, purely on compatibility grounds.