ext3 convert

Hi,

I installed a new kernel with ext3 support and I want
to convert my ext2 partitions to ext3.

I used to do

   tune2fs -j /dev/hdX

I did this and it works.

Now I converted one of my partitions, the other are system ones
(/home, /boot, /)

Do I have to do this command when these partitions umounted (the other
was)? How do I do that, I cannot start this program if there are not
mounted. Or do I think wrong?

Another question. Can /boot be converted into ext3 or it is better to
let /boot be ext3?

Thank you for your advice,

Rene