ext3 for 2.2 and LFS

In the Red Hat Linux spec file for the 2.2.19 kernel, there is a note
not to enable ext3 and LFS at the same time.  I'm wondering whether this
is an old note, and that it is safe to use ext3 0.0.7a on a system with
LFS enabled, or if there are still issues with it.

I'm aware that 0.0.7a is a really old version, and 2.2 isn't the most
modern kernel, but it is what I have to work with.

Thanks.
Peter