Re: ext3 for 2.2 and LFS

On Nov 29, 2001  20:14 -0500, Peter Bowen wrote:
> In the Red Hat Linux spec file for the 2.2.19 kernel, there is a note
> not to enable ext3 and LFS at the same time.  I'm wondering whether this
> is an old note, and that it is safe to use ext3 0.0.7a on a system with
> LFS enabled, or if there are still issues with it.
>
> I'm aware that 0.0.7a is a really old version, and 2.2 isn't the most
> modern kernel, but it is what I have to work with.

If you need LFS support for ext3, I have patches which implement this
for 0.0.6b, but it should apply OK with 0.0.7a (or at least it won't
take much effort to update).  It is part of the Turbolinux 2.2 kernel,
and VA Linux also used something very similar for their 2.2 kernels.

Cheers, Andreas
--
Andreas Dilger