Re: e2fsprogs 1.23 problem handling 2.2 version 1 format journals

On Tue, 2001-10-02 at 13:09, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> Except it looks to me as though the upgrade code is *not* zeroing out
> those fields (from an attempt yesterday when I saw the problem to do a
> V1->V2 upgrade using a 2.2 kernel).  This means ignoring the misset
> fields just leaves a bomb in place to explode when the journal is
> upgraded (at this point e2fsck explodes when it sees the journal).
>
> Time to have a dig into that code...

and so I did and found I am totally wrong....

In both 2.2.19 with ext3 and 2.4.9ac the journal update code does a
memset on the journal header to set all (previously) unknown fields to
zero.

I obviously broke something else there...

	Nigel.