Re: do quotas work with ext3?

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 12:08:10AM +0000, Nikolai Vladychevski wrote:

> > You need to get new quota tools (sourceforge.net) and probably re-build
> > your quota files for it to work.
>
> is quota-tools only for -ac kernels? Because when I patch 2.4.7 i get a lot
> of errors:

ext3 has quota support already.  If you use the -ac kernel, with its
new-style quota support (ie. support for 32-bit uids in the quota
files), then ext3 supports the new-style quotas too; else you just get
old quotas.  Either way, the quotas are used by ext3 but are
ultimately implemented in the underlying kernel, and you shouldn't
need to patch the kernel to use quotas.