root filesystem as ext3

Thomas Heinemann:
> I've turned my root filesystem to ext3 and also changed the filesystem
> type in /etc/fstab. I initiated a powerfailure and watched booting. But
> the kernel mounted root filesystem first read only as ext2 and does than
> a fsck for ext2. The over partition, /boot and /vol1 (also ext3), are
> handled as ext3. After booting all partitions, also /, were mounted as
> ext3. But why root is checked as ext2?

I just went through nearly the same thing.  Did you remount your root file
system after you tune2fs'ed it?  That means you probably had to reboot or at
least go to runlevel 1, unmount /, mount /, go back to runlevel 3 (or 5).
If not, your root filesystem wasn't journalling at the time of the crash and
so needed to be fsck'ed before remounting.

Try again now.  You shouldn't get another fsck.