Re: root filesystem as ext3

On Oct 5 John Ruttenberg wrote:

>I just went through nearly the same thing.  Did you remount your root file
>system after you tune2fs'ed it?  That means you probably had to reboot or at
>least go to runlevel 1, unmount /, mount /, go back to runlevel 3 (or 5).

This obviously won't work: /bin/mount is on your / volume.

I do think that the web page is misleading... it just says run tune2fs -j
and your filesystem is ext3. It is ext3-compatible, but it needs to be
remounted. mount -t ext3 -o remount sadly doesn't work, so the easiest
thing (and the only thing for /) is to reboot--but make sure, as sct said,
your kernel knows about ext3 when it's about to mount /.