Re: "DRQ after issuing write" error

"David Gómez" wrote:

> While writing a file to an ext3 filesystem, i get some drive errors on the
> console. I guess is a drive/ide related problem more that a ext3 one, but
> anyway the debug output is here if you want to take a look.

Yes, it's probably unrelated to ext3, unless the filesystem is causing
the disk to read a non-existent block.  But then you'd get a different message.

> And, by the way,
> what means that DRQ thing??

"Data Request", I assume.  Presumably the disk has failed to ask for
another transaction when it should do so.

It's probably your disk or cables or power supply or...

Trya simple `cat /dev/hdd /dev/null'.