ext3 as root and 2.4.10

Hi

I switched over to ext3 a few weeks ago because it was faster to boot when
the power has failed (and it fails every day or so...)
I was using 2.4.9, everything was right, all my partitions were ext3,
including root :
I switched over to 2.4.10, with the right patch, and now :
whatever I try to do...
even removing ext2 didn't do it...

--
Mathieu Arnold