Re: ext3 0.9.12 for 2.4.10-ac11

Hi

> Most ext3 work at present is concentrating on -ac kernels.  The
> change rate in Linus' kernels seems to have slowed now, so we'll
> try to get a 2.4.11 version of ext3 ready for next week.

What a shame! I just migrated to ext3 when the patch for 2.4.10 came out
and am really pleased with it. Does this mean I can't upgrade to 2.4.11
until sometimes next week? Personally I don't understand why there is more
concentration on the -ac trees, since concentrating on the official
kernel would mean sooner integration of ext3 in the main kernel and much
less hassle for users. I guess it's a some kind of political thing (Red
Hat using -ac kernels and ext3 development payed by Red Hat?).

After all it's called Linux and not Coxux (try to say that a few times
really fast...).

Bye
Tim