Re: ext3 0.9.12 for 2.4.10-ac11

Tim Tassonis wrote:

Hi

Most ext3 work at present is concentrating on -ac kernels. The
change rate in Linus' kernels seems to have slowed now, so we'll try to get a 2.4.11 version of ext3 ready for next week.

What a shame! I just migrated to ext3 when the patch for 2.4.10 came out and am really pleased with it. Does this mean I can't upgrade to 2.4.11 until sometimes next week? Personally I don't understand why there is more concentration on the -ac trees, since concentrating on the official kernel would mean sooner integration of ext3 in the main kernel and much less hassle for users. I guess it's a some kind of political thing (Red Hat using -ac kernels and ext3 development payed by Red Hat?).

After all it's called Linux and not Coxux (try to say that a few times
really fast...).

Bye
Tim

I don't know if I'm just asking for disaster, but I just set my fstypes in fstab from auto back to ext2 and am running 2.4.11. I figured I could just wait for the patch. Then again, I could have just kept running 2.4.10 w/ ext3. I never had any problems with it. I must just like dangling over the precipice.

David