Re: 2.2.19+ext3 or 2.4.1x+ext3 ?

Hi,

On Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 08:25:25AM +1000, Adam Cassar wrote:
> I am running 2.2.19 + ext3 on all my production systems with great
> results.
>
> I feel that 2.4 is still too much of a moving target. 2.2.19 is well
> tested and stable, with no new patches coming out every other day.

The emergence of new patches is not necessarily a problem.  I've got
machines that have been running the same 2.4.7-based kernel for
months.

A lot of the current 2.4 work is cleaning up subtle VM and VFS areas,
and tuning performance.  Much of what's left is just driver updates.
If you've got an older 2.4 which works, there's no need to upgrade.