FSCK?

An EXT3 filesystem technically isn't supposed to require an fsck,
correct?  Well, as per my last email re: EXT3 Crash?! I ran an fsck on a
couple of my LVMs.  It said they were clean, but then I decided to be
100% sure and force an fsck.  Error after Error after Error after Error.
I wound up losing almost half the data on my LVM due to all the errors.

What's the real deal?  Am I doing something wrong here?

-JL