Re: FSCK?

Statux wrote:

> On a side note: The EXT3 code is still under pretty heavy development from
> what I've gathered.

Not really - ext3 is currently under slow, incremental and very cautious
development :)

ext3 has undergone a lot of testing in the past four months, and changing
things tends to invalidate al that effort.   So even though ext3 has a bunch
of things which could/should be done to it, we're not doing them to this
generation of the fs.

I expect that Jason's corruption was due to something horrid happening
at the driver or LVM level.

hmm...  I note that the default error-handling behaviour for ext3
is "continue".  Probably for errors as serious as block allocation
failures we should at least go read-only.