Re: FSCK?

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Andrew Morton wrote:

> Statux wrote:
> >
> > On a side note: The EXT3 code is still under pretty heavy development from
> > what I've gathered.
>
> Not really - ext3 is currently under slow, incremental and very cautious
> development :)
>
> ext3 has undergone a lot of testing in the past four months, and changing
> things tends to invalidate al that effort.   So even though ext3 has a bunch
> of things which could/should be done to it, we're not doing them to this
> generation of the fs.
>

> I expect that Jason's corruption was due to something horrid happening
> at the driver or LVM level.

LVM is not the cause of the problem. I also had the same problem: a fsck
on an ext3 partition, lots of errors, and next time the only thing that
left on the partition was a lost+found directory with the remains of what
was my ext3 filesystem.

I was using 2.4.10 when this happened, maybe is this the problem? Jason?

David Gómez

"The question of whether computers can think is just like the question of
 whether submarines can swim." -- Edsger W. Dijkstra